USER INFORMATION AND CONTRACT TERMS OF THE RENTAL
1) The person named as “Person in Charge” must be present, available and able to carry out the responsibilities of the position. If this person is not able to continue his/her duties, a designate shall be provided and informed by the person in charge, in advance of the permit, of their responsibilities. Please identify to the staff on duty the person in charge of the event.
2) Room capacity for the hall is 60 persons seated or 75 persons standing. Numbers must be monitored and if the capacity is reached, additional participants must be turned away by the person in charge. If room capacity is exceeded, the permit will be cancelled and the group must shut down the event. No refunds or credits will be given should this occur.
3) The group is to give staff on duty their full cooperation and to take any direction as given.
4) Access to parts of the building, other than the meeting room, the kitchen and the adjacent washrooms is not permit- ted. Failure to respect this term will result in immediate cancellation of the event with no refund or credit
5) The consumption of alcohol in the building, parking lot or grounds of the Olde Forge is strictly prohibited.
USE OF ROOMS
1) Patrons have access to rooms only for the times specified on the permit. Setup, clean-up and take-down must be done within permitted hours. The renter will be responsible for any overtime charges.
2) Requests for receiving or storing equipment must be specified in advance and approved by the Centre Director
3) Requests for special equipment, supplies or services must be made in the original “Request for Use of Meeting Room Space”
4) All bookings are subject to pre-emption for emergencies or unusual operating requirements. In such an event, we will make every attempt to contact the group as soon as possible.
1) All groups are to keep rooms in a clean and safe condition. Groups are responsible for their own setup and take- down of tables and chairs. Please return these to original positions or to designated cupboards in a clean condition. All set-up, take-down and cleanup must be done within designated hours as listed on the permit. Groups will be held financially responsible if additional cleaning is warranted.
2) Groups will be held financially responsible for any damages incurred during the rental period.
3) A $100 CASH refundable security deposit is required. This deposit will be refunded when the following terms are met:
a) The meeting room is left in a clean condition with tables wiped and put away, all stacking chairs returned to the storage cupboard, garbage pails emptied and floors free of debris, all decorations taken down.
b) The kitchen, if used, is left in a clean condition with dishes washed and returned to cupboards, counters and stoves wiped, garbage emptied, food removed from fridge and premises, recycle bins emptied, if used.
c) All garbage is removed from premises. Garbage may be disposed of in the exterior dumpster.
d) If a caterer is used, all food, equipment, and supplies must be removed within the permitted times.
e) There is no damage to the property.
At the end of the booking, the person in charge of the event must meet with the staff on duty and verify the condition of the room(s). The facility attendant on duty will sign off on the Security Deposit Refund Voucher if the conditions are met.
The deposit will be available for pickup on the first business day following the event.
4) No open ames are allowed in the building.
5) Any damage, breakage, or unsafe conditions should be reported immediately to the front desk.
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
1) Please check in with the front desk when you arrive. Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the staff person located there.
2) When your activity is completed, please report to the office so that the staff can inspect the area permitted.
SAFETY AND FIRE EXITS
1) If the smoke alarm sounds, please clear the building quickly and only return to the building when notified by staff.
2) Please have a minimum on hand to assist every wheelchair user should evacuation be necessary. If there are members of your group with special needs, please let us know so we may assist them to the best of our ability in an emergency situation.
3) All fire exits in each room are clearly marked. Please familiarize yourself with exit routes in advance.
4) First aid and help with emergencies is available at the front desk.
5) Children must be closely supervised at all times.