Adult Day Program Volunteers
The Olde Forge is looking for an energetic, physically able individual to assist with clients and program activities for our Adult Day Program held at Lakeside Gardens at Britannia Bay. You should be comfortable with working with seniors and able to work with the coordinator and other volunteers as part of a team.
- Assist in setting up the program room and preparing morning refreshments
- Assist and serve clients as they arrive and help as directed during the day
- Along with program coordinator, ensure that no client is left on their own
- Assist clients to prepare for departure and ensure they safely board transportation
- Assist with packing up and putting away at the end of day
Drivers needed to take seniors to medical appointments
The Olde Forge requires drivers to provide transportation to medical appointments for seniors living in the west end of Ottawa. Drivers also provide transportation to foot care appointments and luncheons at the Olde Forge. The time commitment is flexible and the rewards are huge. Drivers are reimbursed for their mileage and free parking is available at the Ottawa Hospital. Orientation is provided.
Donating your time helps our clients not only access the medical care they need, it gives them the added security of a caring individual to help them along the way.
Commitment / Engagement: 6 months to 1 year
The links below are to documents in PDF format. The Acrobat PDF Reader is required to view them, but it is free to download at www.adobe.com.